Monday, July 7, 2014

'Have you been to Hollywood?': a post by Lily





Hats. Big, blue hats. Uncomfortable, big, blue hats. Uncomfortable, big, blue SCHOOL hats. I cannot remember ever wearing a hat (other that a winter hat) in my entire life. I strongly dislike hats. Their feel, their look, EVERYTHING! (I know, I know, right now you are thinking that you have a comfy, cute hat sitting in your closet at home. Well, sorry to break it to you, but I don't). So, I start a new school, in a new country, in a new neighbourhood, and we have to wear hats. The hats are supposed to be worn when you are outside, or you will be SEVERELY punished. (I'm totally kidding, but ya never know😜). When I sent a picture of us in our uniforms to my school friends in America, one texted me this, "I love the uniforms. All of it is awesome except i have one question... Are u required to wear the hats... They are just a little bit... I don't know... Weird." Another said, "Its like a safari".



On Monday, school started, I was ready: safari uniform on, weird hat on head, and backpack in hand. When we arrived at school, my mom had to go to the administration, so the kids followed. We walked into the office, and there were three girls in my grade waiting for me. They introduced themselves, and then took me on a helpful tour of the school. They also introduced me to the other kids in the class, whose names I promptly forgot (I have a horrible memory). All the kids were really friendly and kind and helpful, which was fantabulous! I felt comfortable. The rest of the week I made new friends and had fun. Now I am on a two week holiday from school, because their term just ended. I will now list some things from some categories about my new school (Vague, I know, sorry).

 Liked:
 -Friendly kids

 -Small School

 -Kids I can be myself around

 Disliked:
 -Kids swear, A LOT (I am not used to this, but I can survive)

 -My teacher is very strict (to other kids, but she is kind to me because I'm the new kid :)) 

-That's all!

 Random Questions Kids Have Asked Me:
 - "Did your parents vote for Obama or the other rich guy?"

 - "Do you like Obama?"

 - "Have you met anyone famous?"

 - "Is Chicago anywhere close to New York?" (For some reason they know a lot about New York)

 - "Have you been to Hollywood/ L.A./ Washington D.C.?"

 - "Is the Golden Gate Bridge really golden, cuz I heard it was red?"

 - I really do not have the answers to any of these questions except no and I don't know.



 So, that's my life right now. Thank you to anyone and everyone who has set aside time to read this. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment