Friday, June 20, 2014

Different, but the Same: A Post by Evelyn

WOW!!! I cannot even believe I am in Australia.

Here in Oz, it is different but the same. For example, it's different because, well, none of my friends and family are here, and because of the different food, animals, weather, plants, birds & accents. I do love the accents they have.

And it's the same because I'm still sharing a room with Lily, I'm still enjoying a fun life, and the kids in our family still fight with each other (but I mean not me of course, right?).

I think Australia is simply amazing (if you have been there, you understand). I wish all of you could be here with me so I could show you around and still be with you. I have made three different movies about how our move to Australia has been, and if you haven't seen them yet, you should.

I feel like I should be crying since, well, I mean c'mon, I just moved to Australia! But the weird part is I haven't cried. I really miss all my friends from church, from the neighborhood, and from school.

Lily and I share a room (as I said before) and we have totally redone it. We both bought bulletin boards (they're called something different here) to put up pictures and notes and other things from people in the States so we could remember them (not that I wouldn't remember all of you).


I have made a great friend here in Australia already. Her name is Sophie (and she has two sisters that are almost the same age as Lily and Charlotte). Here's a picture of us all at a dinner from last week.


She's short like me; she's also funny and kind. She's my new BFF. My family is still getting a few more things for the house and Lily & I want to finish designing our room, but then I think we will be able to relax...for a bit.

The kids in the family are finishing 2014 at Dutton Park State School. Then in 2015, Simeon and Charlotte (and probably me) will stay there, and Lily will go to high school at Brisbane State. I might go too, depending on which grade they put me in. Our first day of school is this coming Monday!

Please continue to read my family's blog. And enjoy your summer while it lasts :).

No comments:

Post a Comment