Friday, June 6, 2014

A Post from Evelyn (written 5 days ago)


I am not able to say how much I will miss everyone. People from church, the neighborhood, school, and especially all of my family. I also can't wait to get there. I've been looking at pictures of Brisbane and it really is such a beautiful place. Our house has pretty much been a big mess since we're selling everything.


And slowly but surely it's getting cleared out. I just can't believe I'm moving to Australia in less than a week--not every 10 year old girl gets to move on to the other half of the earth and not know anyone over there now, do they?
Me and Lily have finished packing all of our clothes and just need to pack the little things. I still have 2 more suitcases to pack. I have started to make a binder of memories I have had in American with my friends and my family here in America. I also just got an iPad mini and will be using it for contacting people in America and for school in Australia. I'm sooooo glad we needed iPads for the school I'll go to in Australia.

Please continue to pray for our family. I've made a sheet counting down the days from 45 days to now 6 DAYS!!!!! Just yesterday we had a going away party for our family. Everything everyone said was so kind and so touching. I cried a lot. I love and will miss everyone so much. I've also had a going away party with my Dad's family.

And I also had a sleepover going away party with my friends from school. Everyone has just been so kind to my family, so thank you! Every day there is at least one more thing out of our house. I'm super glad our family has a blog so this way you can see how our family is doing even though we won't be here with all of you. I hope you can visit me and my family in Australia.

4 comments:

  1. Great post! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Great Face Ev. That's probably the face I'd make if I got an iPad too.
    ~Mrs. Bloom

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll miss you SOOOOOO much Evie!!!!!!!! I hope you have a good flight. We're praying for you and your family.
    ~Kelsie B.
    P.S. Nice IPad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll miss you Evie:)

    ReplyDelete