Thursday, June 5, 2014

Sent Out


On Sunday, our we had the incredible blessing of a farewell service with our church.

Here hands are raised as they send us out with the Aaronic blessing, and here tears are streaming down my face as I looked out on the many faces of my church family.

I felt a bit as though I was attending my own funeral as I had the privilege of hearing people share how I had impacted their lives, what they appreciated about me and what they will miss--I've decided everyone should have this opportunity! We felt deeply encouraged and challenged to love and serve God in a new place.

Each member of our family had a friend share something about them, and it was so sweet to see my older daughters' eyes fill with tears as their friends shared. To all who contributed to that day, know that every part was rich with meaning for us.

Our hearts were filled up on Sunday.

But our hearts have been filled over and over again these last few weeks as we've said many good-bye's. Good good-bye's. The kind that will sustain us for many months. Here are a few snapshots of my kids with their cousins, their school friends and their extended family.







You'll be hearing from the kids over the next couple days, so they can share their thoughts with you about these last days. But from a mother's perspective, our hearts are full of thankfulness. For you. Yes...you.

No comments:

Post a Comment