Saturday, June 7, 2014

We. Are. Moving. To. Australia.

I know, I know, that is OLD NEWS. But not for me (Lily). Wait, the O’Donnell family is moving to Australia? Oh, yeah, they are. And I am one of them. Sometimes I cannot believe it, and it is hard to believe, even though we are moving soon. At times when I’m shopping or reading or doing homework, I think “This will never change.” But it will, because I am moving. So you are probably wondering how I feel about moving, because a million people have asked me. I will reply in the same (and true) way I always do. I am super duper nervous, but also super duper excited. 

Now, I used to be way more nervous than excited. One day, a few months ago, my Mom asked me how I would feel if the Australia trip was canceled and I responded with “Umm, I would be totally glad—it would be, like, the best thing ever!” Well, that response has dramatically changed.

As we started getting closer to the move, I started seeing just how fun and new this trip would be. First of all, we were moving, and I personally love having a new living space because (some of you know this) I LOVE organizing! So, that will be awesome. Secondly, I would be in Australia. Many, many people have told me about the great adventure I am going on, and I always put on my happy face and nod enthusiastically. Half of me is really happy, and half of me wants to go cry in a corner. I am going to miss so many people. I have laughed, cried, partied and gone crazy with all my friends, family, etc. I totally wish they could all come with me to Australia.

But the thing is, they are my friends. It’s not like we can’t Skype with each other, and email, and they can even read this totally awesome blog post by yours truly (just kidding). Seriously though, I will miss them! But I will come visit them and they will (please, please, please) come visit us.
I have a million thoughts to write down, and I can’t get them all down, but, whatever. NEXT WEEK I WILL BE In AUSTRALIA! So, stay tuned, y’all. (Hugs and kisses to my friends and fam).

4 comments:

  1. You're REALLY hilarious, Lily!!!! We'll miss you SOOOOOO much, and we're praying for you. Keep smiling! :)
    ~Kelsie B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! This is my account, but Kelsie will b commenting here too!! Oh my goodness!!!!!! I am so excited and sad you're leaving!!!!!! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is katherine:) sry for not clarifying:)

      Delete
  3. We will miss u all so much. Stay in touch and have fun!

    ReplyDelete